Absolutely, 100% yes. There are a lot of questions that homeowners may ask us, such as “When should I replace my AC?” or “Which air conditioner is right for me?” that would require a lot more information for us to answer confidently. “Is AC maintenance worth my money?” however is one of the simplest questions a customer might ask us. Simply put, this simple question has only one answer—and that is regardless of what type of AC you use.
But why is this the case? Is this just an aggressive sales tactic on our end? No, of course not. There are too many benefits you can enjoy as a direct result of routine AC maintenance to ignore the need for this vital service. We are going to get into them below, and we’ll offer you some tips about what you can do on your own to help keep your air conditioner in the best working condition possible. (No, it’s not your entire tune-up!).
Major Benefits of Air Conditioning Maintenance
To understand why you need routine air conditioning maintenance in Chesapeake, VA, you need only look at the many benefits that routine AC maintenance has to offer. What kind of benefits are we talking about here?
- Improved energy efficiency is a big selling point. The cost of air conditioning maintenance is not that high, all things considered, and our Priority Membership Club makes it even more cost effective. That being said, it puts a lot of homeowners’ minds at ease to know that this investment they are making in their HVAC system can actually help them to save money over time. A well-maintained air conditioner is just going to require less energy to cool a home effectively.
- Reduced risk of problems developing is another major benefit, partly due to added savings. After all, it’s not free to have a technician come to your home and repair your air conditioning system. Perhaps an even greater benefit, however, is the fact that you can cool your home more reliably. Nobody wants to be trapped in the heat while they’re waiting for necessary repairs to be completed, regardless of how small a window that may be.
- Extending the lifespan of the system is another reason to keep it in the best working condition possible. No air conditioner is going to last forever. That is not a claim that any HVAC contractor or manufacturer can truthfully make. When we keep your AC in prime operating form, though, it is going to last longer and, more importantly, function better throughout its lifespan than it would were it not properly cared for.
You Can Get Involved!
Routine air conditioning maintenance is definitely a job best left to the pros. That doesn’t mean that there is nothing you can do to keep your system in fine working order, however.
- Clean the outdoor unit. This unit condenses refrigerant and releases heat in the process. Grass clippings on the sides, leaves on the top—clean it all off and let the system do its job unimpeded.
- Change the air filter. This is the big one. A dirty filter will restrict airflow, drive up energy costs, and potentially lead to system damages. Every 1–3 months is a good starting point, but check in regularly to determine how frequently yours needs changing.