Skip navigation

Serving Chesapeake and The Greater Hampton Roads Area

Serving Chesapeake and The Greater Hampton Roads Area

Mon-Sat: 8am-9pm | Sun: Noon-6pm | 24/7 Emergency Service

757-394-3403

Menu

Understanding the Necessity for Your Carbon Monoxide Detector

We truly hope that your home is outfitted with a carbon monoxide detector. Not only is this device an absolute necessity if you are to live in your home safely, but they are also required by law in most areas. That being said, many homeowners do not fully understand just how important their carbon monoxide detectors in Chesapeake, VA truly are. This is largely due to the fact that many people simply do not fully understand just what carbon monoxide is, nor the severity of the effects that exposure to this gas can generate. If you need a new CO detector, or any carbon monoxide detector services, call the experts on the House Call Company team immediately.

What Is Carbon Monoxide (CO)?

Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a gas that is naturally occurring as a byproduct of the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels. It is hazardous, and can prove to be fatally toxic in large enough doses. The biggest challenge presented by carbon monoxide is the fact that it is so famously difficult to detect. In fact, it is all but impossible to detect carbon monoxide without the assistance of a carbon monoxide detector. This is due to the fact that CO is by its very nature completely without color, odor, or taste. This means that you may not even realize you are being exposed to carbon monoxide until you feel the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning; it also means that you must have a dependable carbon monoxide detector installed in your home to avoid such a scenario.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

In low exposure levels, the impacts of carbon monoxide poisoning may resemble flu-like symptoms: dizziness, nausea, headaches, etc. The higher the exposure level, the more severe the effects that the gas will have on residents. Shortness of breath, disorientation, vomiting, tightness of the chest, and the loss of consciousness are all possible. If exposure to CO is long and severe enough, death could result. Protect yourself and all others within your home; schedule your carbon monoxide detector services with a member of our staff.

Comments are closed.