Skip navigation

Serving Chesapeake and The Greater Hampton Roads Area

Serving Chesapeake and The Greater Hampton Roads Area

Mon-Sat: 8am-9pm | Sun: Noon-6pm | 24/7 Emergency Service

757-394-3403

Menu

Why You Must Have a Dependable Carbon Monoxide Detector Installed in Your Home

When you are at home, you should feel safe. This requires more than great security lighting or a cutting edge alarm system, though. Not all threats come from outside the home, after all. Carbon monoxide is a real, potentially fatal threat in modern homes. It is also one that you can protect yourself against, provided that you have the right equipment in place. It is absolutely vital that you not only have reliable carbon monoxide detectors in Suffolk, VA, but also that they are installed and serviced by qualified professionals. Learn more about the threats of carbon monoxide in the following post.

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas, and it is actually a byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels. That is why you don’t run a generator indoors, and why your gas stove, fireplace, oil boiler, etc. all must vent their fumes and gases successfully. Not only is this gas poisonous, but, to complicate matters, it is also impossible for human beings to detect on their own. Why? Because it has no color, no odor, and no taste. With this in mind, you can probably understand just how important it is that you have your carbon monoxide detectors installed and serviced by trained professionals.

Protect Yourself and Your Family from CO Exposure

Your carbon monoxide detector(s) should, like your smoke detector(s), be hardwired into your electrical system, and also feature a battery backup. They should also be tested on a regular basis, and replaced as per model instruction. That way, you can count on being alerted to the presence of this dangerous gas in your home before you are affected by it. Nausea, confusion, dizziness, a tightness in the chest, and flu-like symptoms are all signs of CO poisoning. Vacate your home if you have any reason at all to suspect the infiltration of this gas, even if the alarm has not sounded. There is no price that can be put on your safety.

Call House Call Company to work with qualified electricians throughout the area.

Comments are closed.