With the holidays approaching, we encourage homeowners to equip their home for one of the most active seasons. Given the cooler weather and increased foot traffic, it’s important to ensure the inside and outside of your home is in tip-top condition.
- Add germicidal lights – The cold and flu season is coming. Protect your home’s air with easy to install and highly effective germicidal lights. Don’t let these viruses have free rein in your home.
- Eliminate drafts – Reduce energy bills by removing drafts around windows, siding, and joints. Seal any potential air leaks with caulk or ask a professional for help.
- Check your humidifier – To keep your home’s humidity at its proper level – between 40 to 60 percent – you may need to add moisture when it gets too dry. Proper humidification protects wood floors, instruments, art and furniture from dry air.
- Improve air purification – When you use the right purification system in your home, you can effectively remove pollutants from disrupting your indoor air quality.
- Inspect your heating system – Before the harsh weather comes, be sure to get your heating system inspected or replaced. It’s beneficial to make an appointment before the busy season, so you can schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
We’ve assembled additional suggestions in a Fall Maintenance infographic providing do-it-yourself tips and professional guidance to keep your home warm and cozy this season! We will continue holding our EcoEd learning series at our Chesapeake Square Mall location should you want to stop by for tutorials! For more details, call us at 757-349-3403!