The carbon monoxide detector is one of the most underrated electrical appliances in our industry. So many homes in our area use gas furnaces because they’re the most reliable and affordable heater in America, that it goes without saying a carbon monoxide detector should be in every home with a furnace.
The truth of the matter is, however, not nearly enough carbon monoxide detectors are in homes that use natural gas. Unfortunately, the Center of Disease Control and Prevention states that 430 people die in the US each year from carbon monoxide poisoning, and a more staggering 50,000 people visit the emergency room due to the same symptoms. Since our industry sees many gas-powered heating devices, it’s not surprising that most electricians in Chesapeake, VA will tell you just how important these devices can be.
So, if you didn’t think you needed a carbon monoxide detector before, we hope you reconsider and keep reading.